- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Project Breaker, Inc. (“Breaker”) is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. register you for a challenge or workshop, or as a sponsor.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Breaker’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Breaker about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
You may choose to complete a registration form on our website. During registration you will be asked to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our Site in which you have expressed interest.
You may choose to subscribe to our newsletter on our website. We use your name and e-mail addresses only to distribute our electronic newsletters and tell you more about Breaker and upcoming challenges and workshops. We never sell or rents e-mail addresses of subscribers to anyone.
From time-to-time our Site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site and our products/services.
We use “cookies” on this Site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our Site and identify repeat visitors to our Site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our Site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Site.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as email addresses), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, registration) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Last Updated: September 30, 2015